|Genesys Heart Institute|
One Genesys Parkway
Grand Blanc, MI 48439
This is where the area's best heart care lives.
Our Heart Team approach ensures that our patients receive the highest level of personalized treatment options and care from our cardiovascular physicians and clinical staff.
Here’s how we’re saving more hearts than any other hospital in the region:
Don’t just take our word for it—here’s what others are saying:
- Nationally ranked cardiac specialists, nurses and clinicians work hand in hand for your heart
- Leader in technological advances, clinical research and complex heart procedures
- Performing more minimally invasive heart surgeries than any other hospital in the region
- Four new Cardiac Catheterization Labs with enhanced imaging and state-of-the-art monitoring capabilities. Our patients benefit from cutting-edge technology as we perform advanced procedures and tackle complex cases.
- Awarded a 3-star rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, the highest possible rating for quality. This places us in the top 15% in the nation for heart surgery care.
- Designated as a “Total Value” Blue Distinction Center+ for Cardiac Care with Blue Cross Blue Shield, recognizing Genesys for nationally established quality care and outcomes criteria
Genesys Heart Institute Physician Group welcomes Dr. Thomas Miller
The Genesys Heart Institute Physician Group is pleased to announce the addition of Thomas Miller, DO, cardiologist, to our team of specialist physicians.
Dr. Miller earned his medical degree from Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Vallejo, California. Raised in Grand Blanc, he returned after medical school to complete his training and serve the people in the community where he was raised. Dr. Miller completed his residency in internal medicine at Genesys and is board certified in internal medicine. Dr. Miller also completed his cardiology fellowship at Genesys. He was the first physician to enter and complete the newly-created fellowship program, which he helped to develop.
To further enhance our cardiovascular capabilities, Dr. Miller brings expertise in the areas of electrocardiography, echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography, cardiac catheterization and nuclear cardiology.
To schedule an appointment, call (888) 463-3268.
New treatment for heart valve disease:
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
Over five million Americans are diagnosed each year with heart valve disease, many of whom suffer from aortic stenosis, which is a narrowing of the heart’s aortic valve. Once symptoms develop, aortic stenosis is a life-threatening condition that progresses rapidly. Chest pain, fatigue, shortness of breath, lightheadedness and fainting are not always the symptoms of age or slowing down. It can be something more serious. It’s important to be screened by a cardiologist, and if needed, to receive treatment quickly.
For patients who are considered high-risk or too sick for open-heart valve surgery, Genesys Heart Institute physicians can perform the innovative Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement procedure, or TAVR. This groundbreaking procedure replaces the aortic valve using a catheter-based approach. The minimally invasive procedure provides a much shorter recovery time with less pain, while dramatically improving a patient’s quality of life.
Now there is hope and you have treatment options. Genesys Heart Institute Valve Clinic physicians focus on all aspects of heart disease, including a complete range of heart valve screenings and the latest treatment options. To schedule your appointment, call Genesys Heart Institute at (888) 463-3268.