|Tree of Love|
(810) 606-6387 <BR>
What is the Tree of Love?
Tree of Love is a 25 foot tall tree made from poinsettias that is showcased in the Genesys Regional Medical Center atrium during the holiday season. The tree is constructed the day after Thanksgiving and taken down after the new year. Made possible through charitable donations, more than 700 poinsettia plants make up the Tree of Love, bringing joy and warmth to Genesys patients and visitors during the holiday season.
Where the money goes
Almost everyone has known a family member, friend, or loved one who has been affected by cancer. Many times, when someone is diagnosed with cancer, their whole world turns upside down, and the physical, emotional and financial stress is unbearable. The Tree of Love funds can help Genesys cancer patients with the financial burdens of cancer. One hundred percent of the money raised through Tree of Love will go back to our community to benefit Genesys cancer patients with their financial difficulties.
Who can help?
Anyone with a passion to help Genesys cancer patients in our community can help by becoming a sponsor, purchasing an ad in the program booklet or by making a donation of any amount.
How your donation makes a difference
Services and benefits available to Genesys cancer patients include, but are not limited to:
- Prescriptions or medical services with large co-pays or not covered by insurance
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Private-pay home care
- A day of respite for the family
- Medical equipment
- Special funding for other needs like making rent or mortgage payments, auto repairs, gasoline or utility payments
The Tree of Love reception
The Tree of Love reception is a friendly family evening for donors and cancer survivors in the community. You'll enjoy refreshments, festive holiday music and entertainment while honoring and celebrating cancer survivors or remembering loved ones who lost their battle with cancer.
The Tree of Love reception will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2016 at 6 p.m. in the atrium of Genesys Regional Medical Center.
How can I help?
- Give your own donation
- Collect donations from family, friends or anyone who has an interest in helping local Genesys cancer patients
- Sell ads for the program to be distributed at the reception
- Host a party to raise support for the cause (some ideas are bunco, bingo, euchre, zumba, movie night, scrapbooking)
- Ask your employer to offer a jeans day and employees who wear jeans make a donation
If you have any questions about Tree of Love funding and it benefits, please contact:
Genesys Social Work Department
For more information about fundraising or the reception, please contact:
Genesys Health Foundation
One Genesys Parkway
Grand Blanc, MI 48439-8066