|Clinical Trials at Genesys|
One Genesys Parkway, Suite 2442
Grand Blanc, MI 48439
The Genesys Office of Research offers medical research studies that bring you the latest in leading-edge medical care. Medical research:
Genesys Regional Medical Center supports research by offering opportunities to take part in Phase II through Phase IV studies.
- Provides new knowledge and important information that improves the treatment of disease.
- Divides testing of a new medication or device into different steps called “phases:”
- Phase I studies test safety in healthy subjects.
- Phase II studies test safety and effectiveness in a small group of people.
- Phase III studies confirm effectiveness in a large group of people.
- Phase IV studies monitor long term safety and effectiveness in very large numbers of people.
Why take part in a clinical trial?
A clinical trial is an organized medical research program conducted with patients to evaluate a medical treatment, medication or device. People take part in medical research through clinical trials for many reasons:
Taking part in a clinical trial is always your choice and is never a requirement for quality care. If someone from the Genesys Office of Research talks to you about being in a research study, your involvement would be considered a partnership with us in making your medical care the best it can be.
- To receive uniquely focused care from their doctors,nurses and entire health care team.
- To receive access to promising new medications and treatments before they are approved for general use.
- To receive medications and treatments at reduced or no cost.
For more information on clinical trials, please call the Genesys Office of Research at (810) 606-7722.