Stroke Care at Genesys
When it comes to surviving a stroke, time is everything -
And Genesys is making sure you don’t miss a single moment.
Genesys is making sure more stroke patients have more time to spend with their loved ones and to do the things they love to do because:
- Genesys has the region’s only Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- We care for more stroke patients
- Our stroke survival rates are the best in the region and among the best in the nation
- Our stroke program is part of Genesys Neuroscience Institute – with neurology and neurosurgery services ranked among the top 50 hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report
- Our Genesys Inpatient Rehabilitation Center has received the nation’s highest level of accreditation for medical rehabilitation and stroke specialty services, and is recognized for being among the top 7% nationally in Outstanding Rehabilitation Program Performance.
- We offer a seamless continuum of stroke care, including physical therapy, home care and a dedicated stroke support group.
To learn more, read on or call 800-506-8141
to speak with a stroke care specialist.
Genesys gives more people, more time than any other hospital in the area.
Genesys community stroke support group meets monthly
This free community stroke support group provides an opportunity for stroke survivors and their families to exchange ideas, support and encourage each other, and learn more about their medical condition. Each meeting will include an educational component as well as information on resources available in the local community for stroke survivors. This Genesys-sponsored support group meets the first Thursday of every month from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Genesys Inpatient Rehabilitation Center sponsors the new service. Fore more information, or sign up, call the Genesys Inpatient Rehabilitation Center at 606-6520.
Genesys Acorn Gift and Floral Shop:
The Genesys Acorn Gift and Floral Shop specializes in unique specialty gifts, jewelry, handbags, accessories, boutique clothing as well as floral arrangements, cards, candy, magazines, sundries, baby items and soft toys. A Genesys volunteer will personally deliver your gift ordered online!
About Genesys: Genesys is a regionally integrated health care delivery
system comprised of a complete continuum of care primarily servicing Genesee,
Shiawassee, Lapeer, Oakland, Livingston and Tuscola counties.
Genesys Hospital Grand Blanc Michigan proudly serves these communities
within our six county Southeast Michigan service area:
Genesee County: Burton, Clio, Davison, Fenton, Flint, Flushing, Gaines,
Goodrich, Grand Blanc, Lennon, Linden, Montrose, Mount Morris, Otisville, Otter
Lake and Swartz Creek.
Shiawassee County: Bancroft, Byron, Corunna, Durand, Laingsburg, Lennon, Morrice, New Lothrop, Owosso, Perry and Vernon.
Lapeer County: Almont, Barnes Lake, Millers Lake, Brown City, Clifford,
Columbiaville, Deerfield, Dryden, Elba, Goodland, Hadley, Imlay City, Imlay,
Lapeer, Marathon, Mayfield, Metamora, North Branch, Oregon Township, Otter Lake
North Oakland County: Auburn Hills, Clarkston, Holly, Lake Angelus, Lake Orion, Leonard, Milford, Ortonville, Oxford, Pontiac, Waterford.
Livingston County: Brighton, Howell, Pinckney and Fowlerville.
Tuscola County: Akron, Caro, Cass City, Fairgrove, Gagetown, Kingston,
Mayville, Millington, Reese, Unionville and Vassar.