Second week of bargaining for Genesys and AFSCME complete....
Submitted May 17, 2013
First week of bargaining for Genesys and AFSCME complete...Submitted May 11, 2013
- The parties met, as scheduled, on May 17 and continued to make progress, reaching tentative agreement on four contract articles.
- The Medical Center and the Union are scheduled to meet again on Wednesday, May 22.
- The parties mutually agreed to cancel the session originally scheduled for May 20 at the request of the Union bargaining team as a result of a calendar conflict for the AFSCME council representatives.
Second day of bargaining complete for Genesys and AFSCME...Submitted May 8, 2013
- The parties met as scheduled on May 10 and continued to make progress.
- The Medical Center and the Union are scheduled to meet again on Friday, May 17.
Genesys and AFSCME conduct first day of bargaining...Submitted May 6, 2013
- On May 8, Genesys and AFSCME representatives met, as scheduled, for the second day of bargaining.
- The parties have made initial progress and look forward to continuing negotiations on May 10.
Bargaining dates have been scheduled with AFSCME...
Submitted May 3, 2013
- The parties met as scheduled on May 6, 2013 and exchanged comprehensive non-economic proposals and select economic proposals.
- The Medical Center and the Union are scheduled to meet again on Wednesday, May 8.
- The 2007-2013 Collective Bargaining Agreement between Genesys Regional Medical Center and AFSCME Local 3518 is set to expire on June 30, 2013.
- Genesys and AFSCME Local 3518 representatives have worked together to schedule time for negotiations well in advance of contract expiration.
- The Medical Center and AFSCME Local 3518 have agreed to a mutual exchange of non-economic proposals on the first day of bargaining, which is scheduled for Monday, May 6, 2013.
- Additional bargaining dates have been scheduled for May 8, 10, 17 and 20.
- The Medical Center is looking forward to thoughtful and productive bargaining sessions wherein the parties will reach consensus on many of the important issues facing hospitals and healthcare workers this dynamic environment.
- In an effort to keep our employees and community members better informed, the Medical Center has created “The Source,” which is a webpage where the Medical Center plans to post a quick update the day after each bargaining session.
- Links to “The Source” can be found on the Genesys website, as well as the Genesys intranet page beginning Monday, May 6.